SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 22, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The global dermatology excimer laser market size is expected to reach USD 955.5 million by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a CAGR of 10.0% over the forecast period. Dermatology excimer lasers are a novel form of targeted phototherapy that delivers a specific wavelength (308 nm) of monochromatic UVB radiation using an excimer laser or an excimer lamp. According to NCBI, excimer lasers have been proven effective in treating skin conditions like psoriasis, vitiligo, atopic dermatitis, alopecia area ta, allergic rhinitis, folliculitis, etc.
Key Insights & Findings:
- The trolley-mounted product segment dominated the market in 2020 as these devices are easily portable, adjustable, and consume less space in an aesthetic clinic
- The psoriasis application segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020 due to the high prevalence of psoriasis, which is expected to increase further
- North America dominated the global market in 2020 owing to the increased prevalence of skin conditions and the presence of a large number of certified professionals
- High personal disposable income levels & expenditure on healthcare are expected to drive the North America regional market over the forecast period
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the fastest CAGR over the forecast period due to the rising prevalence of many skin conditions and the presence of key players
Read 110 page research report, " Dermatology Excimer Laser Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Hand-held, Trolley-mounted), By Application (Psoriasis, Vitiligo), By Region (North America, APAC), And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028 ", by Grand View Research
Factors like the rising prevalence of skin conditions, such as eczema, the non-invasive nature of the procedures, and the advent of technologically advanced treatment systems, offering lower complication risks, are expected to propel market growth. Skin conditions that are generally considered difficult to treat, such as hypopigmented striae and hypopigmented scars, can also be effectively treated using excimers. Technological advancement and availability of an extensive range of devices in the market that offers high patient satisfaction and visible results are expected to boost the market growth.
The global market was adversely affected due to the COVID-19 pandemic as the footfall of patient appointments for skin treatments was temporarily suspended. However, the governments in many countries have allowed dermatology clinics to resume skin treatment consultations and aesthetic procedures by adhering to strict COVID-19 protocols. Moreover, many aesthetic professionals believe that there will be a surge in demand for beauty and aesthetic treatments post-COVID-19 crisis, which is expected to propel market growth.
Grand View Research has segmented the global dermatology excimer laser market on the basis of product, application, and region:
- Dermatology Excimer Laser Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Dermatology Excimer Laser Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Alopecia Areata
- Dermatology Excimer Laser Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Dermatology Excimer Laser Market
- Ra Medical Systems
- Shenzhen GSD Tech Co., Ltd.
- Alma Lasers (Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical Group Co., Ltd.)
- Strata Skin Sciences, Inc.
- The Daavlin Company
Check out more studies related to skin disorders and treatments, conducted by Grand View Research:
- Phototherapy Equipment Market - The global phototherapy equipment market size was valued at USD 525.8 million in 2018 and is anticipated to witness a CAGR of 6.3% over the forecast period. Rising prevalence of skin diseases, such as psoriasis, eczema, and acne, is the key factor driving the market growth.
- Dermatology Devices Market - The global dermatology devices market size was valued at over USD 6.4 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.9% from 2021 to 2028. The increasing prevalence of skin cancer and other skin diseases is contributing largely to the high demand for dermatology devices.
- Rosacea Treatment Market - The global rosacea treatment market size was valued at USD 1.5 billion in 2017. It is anticipated to register a CAGR of 6.8% over the forecast period. The market is consolidated in nature. Proactive government initiatives, advanced formulations, and high disease prevalence are some factors contributing to market growth.
Browse through Grand View Research's coverage of the Global Medical Devices Industry .
Gain access to Grand View Compass , our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Sherry James Corporate Sales Specialist, USA Grand View Research, Inc. Phone: 1-415-349-0058 Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519 Email: email@example.com Web: https://www.grandviewresearch.com Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.