SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 2, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The global CRO market is anticipated to advance at 6.4% CAGR from 2020 to 2025due to the increasing global need for drug development, and investments by pharma giants in R&D, owing to the patent expiration of blockbuster drugs. The COVID-19 pandemic has increased the adoption of decentralized clinical trials due to its critical benefits of contactless virtual trials and improving the patient and physician experience. Clinical trial sponsors are continuously trying to make clinical trials faster and improve the experience for patients and physicians. A decentralized trial has emerged as a critical solution. It involves bringing an increasing proportion of a trial's activities to the patients instead of using the traditional method of bringing patients to a trial site. As health-system resources became consumed by COVID-19-related care and travel became limited by physical distancing, patients' access to trial sites was reduced by 80%. The number of monthly trials declined by 50% from January 2020 to April 2020, and 60% of CROs reported a significant reduction in trial activities in May 2020. In the face of such disruption, sponsors mobilized rapidly to preserve the continuity of care and data integrity, by adopting remote consent and patient monitoring, videoconference assessments, and at-home phlebotomy.
Many big CROs have already started adopting decentralized clinical trials. Parexel is leading the trend with more than 160 decentralized clinical trials and implemented around 200 remote patient engagement strategies (patient recruitment and retention platforms, e-visits/video dosing regimens, and patient insight projects) incorporated into trials.
Contract Research Organization Industry Procurement Intelligence report, by Grand View Research , deep dives into the following insights from the industry:
- Pharmaceutical companies prefer outsourcing clinical trial activities to control R&D expenditure, therefore providing a boost to the growth of the CRO industry - CROs posses diversified expertise in conducting clinical trials across multiple geographical locations, and drug development for specific procedures and therapeutics. CROs are currently aiming to develop innovative sourcing and procurement methods to optimize the cost of clinical trials in order to increase profits.
- With number of M&As and strategic partnerships happening, the global CRO industry is moving towards a consolidation - Increased number of M&As within the CRO industry have enabled industry participants to combine expertise and enhance service quality. Such strategic collaborations will allow established corporations in the industry to increase their reach and penetrate specific regional markets which were earlier catered to by smaller players, and, simultaneously keep the costs under control.
- Suppliers widely prefer approved provider operating models to reduce risks and improve the potential for value creation - Suppliers are expected to move from offering generic services to proprietary services in the future.
Contract Research Organization Industry Cost Intelligence - Key Components:
Grand View Research has identified the following key cost components for availing CRO services:
- Clinical procedure
- Regulatory affairs
- Drug safety management
- Drug logistics
- Biological sample logistics
- Clinical supplies logistics
- Medical writing
- Project management
- Quality control
- Pass-through costs
- Site identification and selection
- Site contracting and payments
- Site initiation and activation
- Site management
- Onsite monitoring
- Site close-out
- Patient recruitment
- Patient management
- Study files/document management
- Data management
- Communication with central CRO/sponsor
- O&M insurance
- Other costs
Clinical procedure is the major cost component of a CRO, accounts for more than 45% of the total cost of service.
CRO Industry Supplier Intelligence - Capability based ranking & selection criteria with weightage:
Operational Capabilities -
- Years in Service - 15%
- Geographical Service Presence - 35%
- Employee Strength - 15%
- Revenue Generated - 15%
- Key Clients - 12%
- Certifications - 8%
Functional Capabilities -
- Patient management - 40%
- Patient recruitment
- Patient retention
- Patient monitoring
- Site management - 40%
- Site recruitment
- Site retention
- Site monitoring
- Others - 20%
- Physician recruitment
- Data management
- Regulatory affairs management
List of key suppliers in the contract research organization industry:
- Covance (Lab. Corp.)
- Syneos Health
- PRA Health Sciences
- Charles River
- Wuxi AppTec
Addon Services offered by Grand View Research:
- Should Cost Analysis -In the CRO industry procurement Intelligence report, we have estimated and forecasted pricing for the key cost components while availing services from CROs. Clinical procedures (Drug logistics, medical writing, project management, quality control, drug safety management, etc.) are the largest cost component of CRO services. It accounted for more than 50% of the overall cost of CRO services. The cost of clinical procedure services is majorly driven by the salary of key personnel and therapeutic area.
- Rate Benchmarking -The geographic location where the clinical trial is being conducted plays a major role while analyzing the rate benchmarking of a CRO service. In our research, we have analyzed the rates of oncology clinical trials, as it is the most common type of clinical trial across the globe. For instance, breast cancer phase 3 clinical trial cost in India and China is 90% lower than the clinical trial cost of the U.S and the U.K. Conducting clinical trials via CRO in Western European and North American countries needs double the cost of conducting clinical trials in APAC.
- Salary Benchmarking -Our research indicates that Principal Investigators and Clinical Research Co-coordinators of IQVIA earn 10%-15% higher salaries than Principal Investigators and Clinical Research Co-coordinators of Covance and Syneos Health. However, Syneos Health and Covance have a 10% YoY increment compare to IQVIA's 7%-8%. We have also found that IQVIA and Covance offer 36% higher bonuses to principal investigators compare to Syneos Health
- Supplier Newsletter -It is cumbersome for any organization to continuously track the latest developments in their supplier landscape. Our newsletter service helps them remain updated, to avoid any supply chain disruption which they may face, and keep a track of the latest innovations from the suppliers. Outsourcing such activities help clients focus on their core offerings.
A smart and effective supply chain is essential for growth in any organization. Pipeline division at Grand View Research provides detailed insights on every aspect of supply chain which helps in efficient procurement decisions.
Our services include (not limited to):
- Market Intelligence involving - market size and forecast, growth factors, and driving trends
- Price and Cost Intelligence - pricing models adopted for the category, total cost of ownerships
- Supplier Intelligence - rich insight on supplier landscape, and identifies suppliers who are dominating, emerging, lounging, and specializing
- Sourcing / Procurement Intelligence - best practices followed in the industry, identifying standard KPIs and SLAs, peer analysis, negotiation strategies to be utilized with the suppliers, and best suited countries for sourcing to minimize supply chain disruptions
Browse through Grand View Research's collection of procurement intelligence studies :
- Legal Process Outsourcing Industry Procurement Intelligence Report -The global legal process outsourcing (LPO) market is expected to witness sustainable growth, growing at a CAGR of more than 31% from 2020 to 2025, as large corporations are particularly outsourcing their non-core business activities to third-party service providers to focus more on their core business while saving the costs incurred on employing an in-house legal team.
- Catering/Cafeteria Services Industry Procurement Intelligence Report - The global catering services market size was valued at USD 540 million in 2020 and is expected to record a CAGR of 4.5% from 2020 to 2025. The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in major market disruption, barring all major public events and enforcing social distancing norms. This has led businesses to halt their operations, in turn, impacting the catering services market.
- Blister Packaging Industry Procurement Intelligence Report - The global blister packaging market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.4% from 2020 to 2025 due to the growing demand for unit-dose packaging, short-cycle medication, and a monitored dosage system to improve patient adherence.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Contact: Sherry JamesCorporate Sales Specialist, USAGrand View Research, Inc.Phone: 1-415-349-0058Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: https://www.grandviewresearch.com Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
View original content: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/contract-research-organization-industry-procurement-intelligence-report-enhanced-demand-to-design-decentralized-clinical-trial-post-covid-19-to-drive-procurement-needs--grand-view-research-inc-301435946.html
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.