Catabasis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (CATB) - Get Catabasis Pharmaceuticals Inc Report, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, today announced that it will present information on the edasalonexent program, in Phase 3 development for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD), during the 25 th International Congress of the World Muscle Society which begins September 28, 2020.
During the Virtual Poster Session on October 1, 2020 from 12:30 - 2:30pm ET, Catabasis and collaborators will present five posters entitled:
- Inhibition of NF-kB Signaling Prevents the Development of DMD-Associated Cardiomyopathy in mdx:Utrn +/- Mice
- Edasalonexent Maintains Bone Density and Bone Strength in the mdx Mouse Model of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Edasalonexent Treatment in Young Boys with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy is Associated with Age-Normative Growth and Normal Adrenal Function
- In the Global Phase 3 PolarisDMD Trial for Edasalonexent, Standardized Outcome Measure Training Produces Excellent Test-Retest Variability in the North Star Ambulatory Assessment
- Lean Body Mass is Associated with Whole Body Mineral Density and Muscle Strength in Treatment-Naïve, Ambulatory Boys with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
The poster session will be available to registered conference attendees during the conference and for 3 months afterwards. Select posters will be made available in the "Our Science" section of www.catabasis.com.
About Edasalonexent (CAT-1004)
Edasalonexent (CAT-1004) is an investigational oral small molecule designed to inhibit NF-kB that is being developed as a potential foundational therapy for all patients affected by DMD, regardless of their underlying mutation. In DMD the loss of dystrophin leads to chronic activation of NF-kB, which is a key driver of skeletal and cardiac muscle disease progression. The ongoing global Phase 3 PolarisDMD trial is evaluating the efficacy and safety of edasalonexent for registration purposes. Edasalonexent is also being evaluated in the GalaxyDMD open-label extension trial. In the MoveDMD Phase 2 trial and open-label extension, the Company observed that edasalonexent preserved muscle function and substantially slowed disease progression compared to rates of change in a control period, and significantly improved biomarkers of muscle health and inflammation. The FDA has granted orphan drug, fast track, and rare pediatric disease designations and the European Commission has granted orphan medicinal product designation to edasalonexent for the treatment of DMD. For a summary of clinical results, please visit www.catabasis.com.
At Catabasis Pharmaceuticals, our mission is to bring hope and life-changing therapies to patients and their families. Our lead program is edasalonexent, an NF-kB inhibitor in Phase 3 development for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy. For more information on edasalonexent and our Phase 3 PolarisDMD trial, please visit www.catabasis.com.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200923005114/en/