EIGHTY FOUR, Pa., Aug. 5, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- 84 Lumber, the nation's largest privately held building materials supplier, is launching a recruitment effort to fill immediate openings at retail stores in Durham and Raleigh, NC. The company will host a Hiring Event on August 12 th from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the company's Durham location (2543 Whilden Drive, Durham, NC 27713).
At the event, job seekers will learn more about the company culture and get the opportunity to be interviewed for open positions in the area that include manager trainees (MT), warehouse associates, door manufacturers, non-CDL truck drivers, and coordinators of sales. Qualified applicants may receive an offer of employment during the event. Candidates who attend the event and then get hired as a result of it are eligible for a one-time $840 sign-on bonus.
"84 Lumber is seeking to fill 12 open positions at our Durham and Raleigh locations to add to our team of more than 40 employees in the area," said Rob Woodrow, divisional vice president at 84 Lumber. "We're growing along with the growth in the construction industry - here in North Carolina and across the nation. We're looking for people seeking a fresh start."
Woodrow went on to detail the open positions.
- Manager trainees (MTs)hired by 84 Lumber enter an intensive, one-on-one, on-the-job training program that teaches them about the company's business and puts them on a path to become a future leader within the enterprise. Starting compensation for manager trainees is $42,000 per year including the sign-on bonus.
- Warehouse associatesneed no prior experience and perform essential functions behind the scenes - from the management of supply shipments to the operation of equipment. These associates can expect a starting pay of $15 per hour.
- Door manufacturersneed no prior experience and are involved in the manufacturing of doors. These associates can expect a starting pay of up to $15 per hour.
- Non-CDL truck driversload trucks and deliver materials to customer job sites. Drivers are responsible for building loads and deliveries; maintaining a safe, clean, and well-organized lumber yard; and loading and unloading lumber and building supplies. Hourly pay for drivers is up to $15 per hour.
- Coordinators of salesare responsible for assisting salespeople with a variety of customer service activities. Coordinators of sales can expect a starting pay of up to $17 per hour.
"We are a family-owned company, which means we are committed to helping our employees build and cultivate a career with us. In fact, 95% of our store managers started in our manager trainee program," Woodrow said. "As we see it, 84 Lumber recruits individuals with a can-do attitude, a willingness to work hard, and a desire to learn. Once we find these people and they join the company, we teach and train them and find ways for them to grow with us."
Woodrow added that 84 Lumber expects it might find the right fit from all types of candidates - an individual with no construction experience, military veterans ready to embark on their next career challenge, or people with some previous work experience who seek to redirect their career.
Candidates interested in participating in the Hiring Event are asked to pre-register. To sign up, go to 84 Lumber's Hiring Page and complete the form. Once you are registered, you will receive an email from 84 Lumber with the link to apply for the desired position. To save time, candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for positions online before they attend the event.
NOTE: 84 Lumber continues to follow CDC safety guidelines with regard to COVID-19. We ask that those attendees who are not yet fully vaccinated wear a mask and maintain social distancing.
ABOUT 84 LUMBERFounded in 1956 and headquartered in Eighty Four, Pennsylvania, 84 Lumber Company is the nation's largest privately held supplier of building materials, manufactured components and industry-leading services for single- and multi-family residences and commercial buildings. The company operates nearly 250 stores, component manufacturing plants, custom door shops, custom millwork shops and engineered wood product centers in more than 30 states. 84 Lumber also offers turnkey installation services for a variety of products, including framing, insulation, siding, windows, roofing, decking and drywall. A certified national women's business enterprise owned by Maggie Hardy Knox, 84 Lumber was named by Forbes as one of America's Largest Private Companies in 2018 and one of America's Best Large Employers in 2019. For more information, visit 84lumber.com or join us at Facebook.com/84lumber and linkedin.com/company/84-lumber .
Contact: Jeff Donaldson, BLD Marketing Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (412) 347-8039 Photos: http://www.bldpressroom.com/84lumber/durham-hiring-event
View original content to download multimedia: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/84-lumber-to-host-hiring-event-in-durham-nc-offering-840-sign-on-bonus-for-candidates-who-receive-an-offer-301349713.html
SOURCE 84 Lumber