President Donald Trump appointed New York financier Anthony Scaramucci as communications director Friday, leading Press Secretary Sean Spicer to resign, the New York Times reported.
Spicer told President Trump he vehemently disagreed with Scaramucci's appointment. Spicer resigned barely two hours after Scaramucci was appointed even after President Trump asked Spicer to stay on.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- History Doesn't Always Repeat, and Keep Tech in Your Portfolio: Market Recon
- The 5 FANG Stocks of the Dotcom Era -- and Where They Are Now
- Bored With Cream and Sugar? You Can Now Add Weed to Your Morning Joe
- Consuelo Mack: There Are Many More Women Getting Into Financial Journalism
- BMW Has One of the 10 Hot New Luxury Cars Priced Over $100,000 That You Could Buy Today
- Quiz: Which Company Makes Your Favorite Junk Food?