U.S. healthcare stocks were mixed Monday at the market close after President Trump promised that Senate Republicans will "fulfill the solemn promise" to repeal and replace Obamacare.
Shares of Aetna Inc (AET) , UnitedHealth Group (UNH) - Get UnitedHealth Group Incorporated Report and Humana Inc (HUM) - Get Humana Inc. Report closed lower, while Cigna Corp (CI) - Get Cigna Corporation Report and Anthem Inc (ANTM) - Get Anthem, Inc. Report closed higher.
There will be a Senate vote on a motion to proceed tomorrow. Should it pass, the Senate will have 20 hours to add, edit and delete from the House's version of the American Healthcare Act.
President Trump promised to repeal and replace Obamacare, adding that the new version of U.S. healthcare law will allow for tax credits for private plans and $45 billion to fight the opioid crisis.
Trump added that Republicans will need a vote from every member of the GOP in the Senate to move forward. He called the Senate Democrats "obstructionists."
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Birchbox Revolutionized How We Buy Beauty Products
- 10 Sexy Wall Street Terms That Sound Extra Dirty
- Amazon Could Be Most Valuable Company on the Planet and Basically Crush Everyone Alive
- Trump Just Resurrected the Ugly Practice Known as Civil Forfeiture for No Reason
- 60 Second Tips: Best Return on Your College Investment