Calling all single parents!

If your kids still live with you and you pay more than half of the costs to maintain the home, then you may qualify to file your tax return as head of household. The tax rates usually fall between the rates for single folks and married filing jointly -- and so is the standard deduction. So get some credit for being the one who does all the work in the family!