Shanghai Pharmaceutical Holding Co Ltd, China Resources Pharmaceutical Group Ltd and Sinopharm Group Co Ltd have each expressed interest in buying Cardinal's China operations. Cardinal is one of China's largest drug distributors.
The Ohio-based company is said to seek an exit from the Chinese market ahead of the country's upcoming drug distribution reform that Cardinal thinks might weigh on its growth. Cardinal has also focused on diversification recently, purchasing Medtronic's (MDT) - Get Report $6.1 billion medical supplies unit in April.
The first round of bidding for the operations is due around Friday. Cardinal's China business generated over $3.5 billion in revenue last year, up from $3 billion in 2015.
Cardinal stock closed flat Wednesday.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Carly Fiorina's Advice to Young Women: Don't Let Other People Define You
- 10 Reasons Working From Home Might Be the Wave of the Future
- T-Mobile's John Legere Is Inarguably One of the More Colorful CEOs on Twitter
- Restaurant Brands 36-Year Old CEO Discusses the Burger King Whopper, Amazon's Jeff Bezos
- Amazon Faces a Potential Existential Threat That Could Hammer Its Shares, Doug Kass Reveals
- Game of Thrones Has Become Huge -- Here's How You Can Quickly Tell