Skip to main content

If you paid someone to take care of your child or dependent so you can work, you may be eligible for the child and dependent care credit. The maximum annual credit is $2,400 for one child or $4,800 for two or more. This form will determine that for you. Note that you need earned income to qualify, so full-time traders will not qualify.

You can't take this credit if you file as married filing separately. But you may qualify for the credit if you're single, married filing jointly, the head of a household or legally separated from your spouse. See this previous

column for more details.

Scroll to Continue

TheStreet Recommends