Here are Jim Cramer's top thoughts on some of the biggest stories of the week over on RealMoney.
The panic can't last long in this market. It lasts about as long as the euphoria. The swings are dramatic enough that you just get overrun when you try to buy something that's down big: until the next day when, unless there's really negative news, you get a better level to sell.
I think, once again, you get standout tech names and everything reverts to positive. Autodesk (ADSK) - Get Autodesk, Inc. Report is one of those standout tech names that has provided software leadership, which reminds us how strong demand really is. The stock is roaring off a much better than expected quarter.
- P&G's Bruising Battle With This Activist Investor Will Be Incredibly Costly
We have a really excellent analysis of Broadcom (AVGO) - Get Broadcom Inc. Report on RealMoney and for Action Alerts PLUS but there, the company seemed to be under constraints of its own customers to say how strong things are less they betray these clients -- think Apple (AAPL) - Get Apple Inc. (AAPL) Report . Its bounce-back can't be too pronounced, because of all the brave souls who bought it down $12 yesterday in after-hours trading and are now busy cashing in.
Ultimately, though, what matters is that we have a lot of "after further review" things are not so bad. That lasts for a few hours, and then the "things are really bad" crew comes in and, only really great earnings immunize you from the declines. After all, do you trust the airlines and the grocers today?
How about, as far as you can throw them?
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Here Comes the End to the Roaring Bull Market in Stocks
- Tropical Storm Harvey Causing Refinery Shutdowns
- Houston's Airports Will Stay Closed At Least Until Wednesday Thanks to Harvey
- Sears Is Closing a Ton More Stores Because, Let's Face It, It's Sears
- Can Houston Airports Open Monday? 'Don't Bet On It,' Top Expert Says