Get to the know the guy in the C-suite.
That bit of investing advice is according to TheStreet's founder and Action Alerts PLUS portfolio manager Jim Cramer, who says if you're unfamiliar with a new CEO of a company, that's when you take a breather.
What's Hot On TheStreet
How else could one sum up the tech giant's results? From an analytical perspective, Microsoft just ticked off all the boxes on why one should stay bullish:
1. Epic earnings beat that signals Wall Street needs to materially hike its profit forecasts to adjust for Microsoft's new normal.
2. CEO Satya Nadella's shift to cloud services is paying off not only on one single area, but across product verticals.
3. The computing business has magically come alive amid a host of new products and marketing investments. So much for tablets taking over the world.
4. The impact of LinkedIn is being very underestimated by analysts -- it notched $1.1 billion in sales during the most recent quarter. Microsoft has a nice short-term runway to surprise Wall Street with its big purchase.
5. Cash is being deployed to suck up outstanding shares -- Microsoft's cash deployment is also being overlooked to a large extent.
While investors are naturally obsessed with Apple's (AAPL) - Get Report future prospects, they should be equally jacked up by Microsoft. Wait until those Microsoft layoffs do their part to pad the bottom line.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Chipotle CEO Should Be Canned for Not Apologizing to Sickened Customers in Virginia, Analyst Says
- O.J. Simpson's 4 Biggest Business Achievements
- Best Buy's Geek Squad Is a Mess, According to Customer Reviews, Opening the Door for Amazon's Entry
- Sears' Kenmore Products on Amazon Are Hurting Home Depot, Jim Cramer Explains
- Former Apple Exec: 'It's Sad to See Apple Slipping to the Position of Follower'
- 5 Celebrities Who Have Lost Big in Real Estate Like Golden State Warriors Star Steph Curry