Luxury hotelier

Four Seasons

(FS)

said only one of its resorts sustained damage and all of its guests and employees were safe and accounted for after tsunamis ravaged south Asian coastlines Sunday, killing almost 77,000 people.

The company's resort in the Maldives islands, which are about 600 miles off the southern tip of India, sustained a "little bit of damage," said spokeswoman Aynsley Wintrip. Phone lines across the resort's island had been cut, and there was only partial electricity. The spokeswoman said there appeared to be no structural damage to the resort, although engineers continued to assess the situation.

The Maldives resort is closed, and Four Seasons has yet to decide when it will open, Wintrip said. Four Seasons doesn't have an estimate of the financial impact of the damage and closing, she added.

Some analysts had worried that a resort Four Seasons plans to open early next year in the Langkawi islands off the west coast of Malaysia might have sustained tsunami damage. But the spokeswoman said there was "no damage at all" to the resort, and the company plans to open it in mid-February or early March.

Four Seasons shares were off 43 cents, or 0.5%, to $84.02.