Third-Quarter GDP Revised Slightly Lower in 3rd Estimate: What's Next?
The BEA reports Third-Quarter 2017 GDP at 3.2%, down from 3.3% in the second estimate.
- Real gross domestic product (GDP) increased at an annual rate of 3.2 percent in the third quarter of 2017.
- Real gross domestic income (GDI) increased 2.0 percent in the third quarter, compared with an increase of 2.3 percent in the second.
- The average of real GDP and real GDI, a supplemental measure of U.S. economic activity that equally weights GDP and GDI, increased 2.6 percent in the third quarter, compared with an increase of 2.7 percent in the second quarter.
GDP Revision History
Contributions Part 1
Contributions Part 2
- PCE: 1.49 Down from 2.24
- Services : 0.52 Down from 1.08
- Nonresidential: 0.58 Down from 0.82
- Change in Inventories: 0.79 Up from 0.12
Residential investment subtracted 0.18 from third-quarter GDP. It rates to add in the fourth-quarter of 2017 and first-quarter of 2018, barring construction revisions.
Mike "Mish" Shedlock