Let's Discuss Brexit (and How the EU Bragged, on Film, About Screwing the UK)
The comeuppance and arrogance of the EU towards the UK is staggering. And it's all captured on film by Lode Desmet, a Belgian filmmaker.
In my video I put a spotlight on five key items.
- The EU bragged about crushing Theresa May: "We Got More Than We Hoped"
- The EU admitted Theresa May wanted a customs union all along.
- Michel Barnier spoke on film of "using Ireland for future negotiations. Isolating Ireland and not closing this point, leaving it open for the next two or three years."
- Barnier used the words "permanent pressure" in regards to the backstop.
- The EU bragged about "getting rid of the UK on EU terms" and turning the UK into a "colony"
Why Did the EU Authorize the Film?
- To mock the UK
- To openly show that no one could leave the EU without being severely punished.
- Pure arrogance
Intent Cannot Be Denied
The EU cannot hide its intent of trapping the the UK in a permanent customs union, with no say in policy.
Regardless of Brexit beliefs, everyone in the UK should be aware of these shocking details.
If after playing my video, or the full length 58 minute version, Behind Closed Brexit Doors Part II, you still favor a customs union, your desire must be like Jeremy Corbyn's: to turn the UK into a vassal or colony of the EU.
It's time for the UK to move forward and save £39 billion (About $49 billion) in the process.
Instead of handing that money over to the EU as a Brexit bill, then having the EU demand more and more to eliminate the Backstop, it's time to just leave.
Mike "Mish" Shedlock