April Retail Sales Rise 0.3% In Line With Consensus
The Census Bureau report on Advance Retail Sales shows sales roe 0.3% in April.
- Advance estimates of U.S. retail and food services sales for April 2018, adjusted for seasonal variation and holiday and trading-day differences, but not for price changes, were $497.6 billion, an increase of 0.3% from the previous month, and 4.7%above April 2017.
- The February 2018 to March 2018 percent change was revised from up 0.6% to up 0.8%.
- Retail trade sales were up 0.4% from March 2018, and 4.8% above last year.
- Gasoline Stations sales rose 0.8% for the month and were up 11.7% from April 2017
- Nonstore Retailers were up 0.6% for the month 9.6% from last year.
- Motor Vehicles and parts rose 0.1% for the month and were up 4.3% from April 2017.
Mike "Mish" Shedlock