America is Partially Reopening. What are Your Limits?
Will You Go to a Bar? Concert? Restaurant?
Statista has an Interesting Poll on Covid-19 reopening activities.
- I seldom go to movies and would definitely avoid them.
- I miss pubs very much, especially weekend karaoke. But microphone sharing is one of the riskiest things. I will suffer longer.
- I don't like sporting events or indoor concerts or gyms at all and would not go anyway.
- I miss eating out, especially on weekends. After dining out, we do karaoke. This is a perhaps, except for the karaoke part. It would depend on the place, the crowds, and distancing.
- I don't frequent malls, but if I was so inclined, I would go unless they were packed. If there were too many people, I would leave.
- I would go to museums if they were not crowded, but this is not an activity I normally do.
- I cut my own hair, miserably, and it is short enough to postpone the decision. When I get tired of my bad cuts I will reconsider. But perhaps I get better and save the time and money.
- Supermarkets are already in. I am pretty careful when I am in one. Thay have not been crowded.
I doubt if I am close to the typical person, but my answers seem to be in the ballpark.
Yet, most things are clustered around the 45-55% level. This is higher than I expected, especially for pubs and bars.
- What people say they will do and what they actually do may be totally different things.
- What happens 6-8 weeks from now will very much depend on the results over the next 3-4 weeks.
Heaven help us if there is a second major wave and other panic.
Meanwhile the shutdown costs keep piling up. I expect millions of small businesses may fail.
For discussion of one owner's reaction, please see Closing Permanently "Thank You From the Bottom of Our Hearts"