Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Youku Tudou as such a stock due to the following factors:
- YOKU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $33.0 million.
- YOKU has traded 132,705 shares today.
- YOKU is trading at 2.61 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- YOKU is trading at a new high 4.06% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in YOKU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for YOKU NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on YOKU:
Youku Tudou Inc. operates as an Internet television company in the People's Republic of China. Its Internet television platform enables users to search, view, and share video content across various devices. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Youku Tudou a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Youku Tudou has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Youku Tudou has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. Shares are up 9.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Youku Tudou as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- YOUKU TUDOU INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, YOUKU TUDOU INC reported poor results of -$0.71 versus -$0.58 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 898.6% in earnings (-$7.09 versus -$0.71).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 139.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$22.99 million to -$55.15 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, YOUKU TUDOU INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 49.41% is the gross profit margin for YOUKU TUDOU INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of YOKU's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, YOKU's net profit margin of -21.24% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is higher, and it has outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- You can view the full Youku Tudou Ratings Report.