Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Yandex as such a stock due to the following factors:
- YNDX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $175.7 million.
- YNDX traded 13,960 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:59 AM.
- YNDX is down 2.2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in YNDX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for YNDX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on YNDX:
Yandex N.V. operates an Internet search engine in Russia and internationally. YNDX has a PE ratio of 39.5. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Yandex a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Yandex has been 6.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Yandex has a market cap of $7.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 2.76 and a short float of 2% with 0.77 days to cover. Shares are down 34.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Yandex as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- YNDX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 11.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- YANDEX NV has improved earnings per share by 7.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, YANDEX NV increased its bottom line by earning $1.23 versus $0.80 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($44.09 versus $1.23).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $141.57 million or 12.15% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, YANDEX NV's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 22.18%.
- The gross profit margin for YANDEX NV is currently very high, coming in at 70.58%. Regardless of YNDX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, YNDX's net profit margin of 27.35% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 34.01% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- You can view the full Yandex Ratings Report.