Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
NEW YORK (
) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of B-. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was trading one year ago, YHOO is up 97.28% to its most recent closing price of 36.30. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of a bull or bear market could certainly alter the outcome, our view is that this stock's positive fundamentals give it good potential for further appreciation.
- The gross profit margin for YAHOO INC is currently very high, coming in at 83.56%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $298.01 million or 71.51% when compared to the same quarter last year.
- The net income has significantly decreased by 90.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $3,160.24 million to $296.66 million.
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
Yahoo! Inc., a technology company, provides search, content, and communication tools on the Web and on mobile devices worldwide. Yahoo has a market cap of $36.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 30.00, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 18.00. Shares are up 82.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.