Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified World Wrestling Entertainment as such a stock due to the following factors:
- WWE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.3 million.
- WWE has traded 77,726 shares today.
- WWE is trading at 3.04 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- WWE is trading at a new high 3.10% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WWE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WWE NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on WWE:
World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc., an integrated media and entertainment company, engages in the sports entertainment business in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Asia Pacific, and Latin America. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate World Wrestling Entertainment a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for World Wrestling Entertainment has been 430,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. World Wrestling Entertainment has a market cap of $547.7 million and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 0.58 and a short float of 26.6% with 10.66 days to cover. Shares are up 56.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates World Wrestling Entertainment as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 6.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 40.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- WWE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.12 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.38, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 218.18% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 36.31% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, WWE should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income increased by 221.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$8.04 million to $9.77 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 252.35% to $14.28 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WORLD WRESTLING ENTMT INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.98%.
- You can view the full World Wrestling Entertainment Ratings Report.