Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Windstream Holdings ( WIN) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Windstream Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- WIN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $185.5 million.
- WIN has traded 3.4 million shares today.
- WIN is down 3.6% today.
- WIN was up 12.3% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WIN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WIN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on WIN: Windstream Holdings, Inc. provides communications and technology solutions in the United States. The company offers managed services and cloud computing services to businesses, as well as broadband, voice, and video services to consumers primarily in rural markets. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 9.5%. WIN has a PE ratio of 32.9. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Windstream Holdings a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Windstream Holdings has been 7.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Windstream has a market cap of $6.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. The stock has a beta of 1.05 and a short float of 13.5% with 5.37 days to cover. Shares are up 48.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Windstream Holdings as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $319.80 million or 4.99% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -14.28%.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. In comparison to other companies in the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, WINDSTREAM HOLDINGS INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, WIN's share price has jumped by 28.17%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The gross profit margin for WINDSTREAM HOLDINGS INC is rather high; currently it is at 52.84%. Regardless of WIN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.09% trails the industry average.
- WIN, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.1%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Windstream Holdings Ratings Report.