NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Tyson Foods (TSN) - Get Tyson Foods, Inc. Class A Report has been downgraded to "market perform" from "outperform," BMO Capital said Tuesday. The firm said the move was a valuation call based on a $43 price target.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates TYSON FOODS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate TYSON FOODS INC (TSN) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- TSN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 46.93% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 71.23% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TSN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- TYSON FOODS INC has improved earnings per share by 46.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TYSON FOODS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.32 versus $1.68 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.93 versus $2.32).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 90.00% to $361.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 47.64%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TSN Ratings Report