NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Yahoo! Inc (YHOO) are lower by 0.46% to $45.66 in early market trading Wednesday as the company had its coverage resumed with a "buy" rating at Citigroup this morning.
Analysts at the banking firm raised its price target for shares to $63 from $46.
The firm added that it also expects the global technology company to buy back $3 billion of its own shares in 2015, which would be another catalyst for the stock.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates YAHOO INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate YAHOO INC (YHOO) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income increased by 2183.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $296.66 million to $6,774.10 million.
- YHOO's revenue growth trails the industry average of 28.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- YHOO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.03 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.75, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, YAHOO INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for YAHOO INC is currently very high, coming in at 83.70%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 590.00% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: YHOO Ratings Report