"We want to be the single most important platform for all businesses," said Carolyn Everson, Facebook VP for global marketing solutions.
All of the new products will be on Instagram, a photo sharing app that Facebook bought in 2012 for $1 billion.
Out of all the new products, one is the "brand awareness" ads, which allows companies to promote itself, allowing it to show up in between photos when users scroll down the app, Reuters notes.
According to eMarketer, digital video advertising spending is forecast to grow 13% to $15 billion in four years.
Overall, this comes as more users spend time on mobile devices rather than watching television.
Facebook shares are declining 3.79% to $89.25 on Monday afternoon.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates FACEBOOK INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
We rate FACEBOOK INC (FB) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 38.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- FB's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 8.47, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,880.00 million or 40.19% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 19.67%.
- The gross profit margin for FACEBOOK INC is currently very high, coming in at 94.81%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 17.78% trails the industry average.
- FACEBOOK INC's earnings per share declined by 16.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FACEBOOK INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.10 versus $0.59 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.07 versus $1.10).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FB