NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Yandex (YNDX) - Get Yandex NV Class A Report was gaining 4.3% to $37.77 Wednesday on news of a new advertising partnership with Google (GOOG) - Get Alphabet Inc. Class C Report.
The deal will connect Google's DoubleClick Big Manager and Demand-Side Platform to Yandex's real-time bidding platform. The Russian search engine provider says the deal is "mutually beneficial," saying that it will give Google advertisers access to Yandex advertising. Yandex is currently the top search engine in Russia, with Google trailing as a distant second place competitor.
"The integration of the two advertising systems will undoubtedly stimulate the online advertising market," Nikolay Danilov, head of Sales Technologies at Yandex said in a press release. "The transparency that is characteristic of RTB systems creates new possibilities for growth. The more players, the wider range of ad inventory, the greater the competition for placement, and the higher the quality of the ads themselves. We anticipate that the partnership with Google will result in increased display advertising sales and improvements in ad quality."
TheStreet Ratings team rates YANDEX NV as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate YANDEX NV (YNDX) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed ? some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's net income has been quite unimpressive."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- YNDX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 16.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 58.70% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for YANDEX NV is currently very high, coming in at 70.58%. Regardless of YNDX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, YNDX's net profit margin of 27.35% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.35, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry average. The net income increased by 5.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $92.55 million to $97.46 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: YNDX Ratings Report