The company reported net income of $295.7 million, or $5.61 per diluted share, beating analysts estimates by 119%.
However, the company also reported revenue of $1.5 billion, missing analysts estimates of $1.73 billion.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates PARTNERRE LTD as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate PARTNERRE LTD (PRE) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- PRE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.12 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $243.53 million or 8.74% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, PARTNERRE LTD's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 22.52%.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: PRE Ratings Report