For the first quarter IDT reported EPS of 14 cents a share, beating the Capital IQ Consensus Estimate of 13 cents a share by 1 cent. Revenue grew 9.3% from the year-ago quarter to $118.6 million. Analysts expected revenue of $117.2 million for the quarter.
"We concluded fiscal year 2014 on a high note with strong Q4 revenue, non-GAAP operating margin and earnings per share," president and CEO Greg Waters said in a press release. "The strength in revenues for the fourth fiscal quarter was primarily driven by sales in our Communications end market as the build-out of global 4G/LTE infrastructure accelerated. Non-GAAP gross margin was slightly impacted by inventory reserves associated with our previous fab closure transition and product mix."
TheStreet Ratings team rates INTEGRATED DEVICE TECH INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate INTEGRATED DEVICE TECH INC (IDTI) a BUY. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels and compelling growth in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- IDTI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- IDTI has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 7.15, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- This stock has managed to rise its share value by 74.77% over the past twelve months. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 234.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$5.16 million to $6.95 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: IDTI Ratings Report
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.