The analyst firm raised its estimates for the company based on expectations of stronger smart glass adoption. Bank of America-Merrill Lynch analysts also raised shipment estimates for Himax's LCOS micro-display shipments through 2016.
The analysts also expect Google (GOOGL) - Get Report to exercise its option to take a larger stake in the company. That option could increase the Search giant's stake in the company to 14.8% from its current 6.3%. Google owns part of Himax because it uses the company's LCoS micro-displays in Google Glass.
Must Read:Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC (HIMX) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC has improved earnings per share by 27.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.35 versus $0.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.47 versus $0.35).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry average. The net income increased by 24.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $19.35 million to $24.11 million.
- HIMX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.24 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.46, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 962.28% to $22.89 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 7.59%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: HIMX Ratings Report