NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of The Walt Disney Co. (DIS) - Get Walt Disney Company Report are trading higher by 0.12% to $91.07 on Monday afternoon, one day ahead of the company's first-quarter 2015 earnings release after the market close tomorrow.
Analysts expect Walt Disney to post earnings of $1.06 a share and revenue of $12.85 billion for the quarter.
Last quarter, the company reported earnings of 89 cents per share for the quarter on revenue of $12.39 billion.
Exclusive Report:Jim Cramer's Best Stocks for 2015
Burbank, CA-based Walt Disney Co. is a diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with five business segments including media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products, and interactive media.
Media networks comprise an array of broadcast, cable, radio, publishing, and digital businesses across the Disney/ABC Television Group and ESPN Inc.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates DISNEY (WALT) CO as a Buy with a ratings score of A+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate DISNEY (WALT) CO (DIS) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, notable return on equity and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 30.68% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, DIS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- DISNEY (WALT) CO has improved earnings per share by 11.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DISNEY (WALT) CO increased its bottom line by earning $4.25 versus $3.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.65 versus $4.25).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, DISNEY (WALT) CO's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: DIS Ratings Report