Analysts are expecting the food production company to post a year-over-year increase in earnings and revenue for the most recent quarter.
Tyson Foods has been forecast to report earnings of 73 cents per share on revenue of $10.35 billion for the fiscal 2015 first quarter.
Exclusive Report:Jim Cramer's Best Stocks for 2015
For the 2014 first quarter Tyson Foods said it earned 72 cents per share on sales of $8.8 billion.
Shares of Tyson Foods are lower by 1.64% to $39.52 at the start of trading on Thursday.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates TYSON FOODS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate TYSON FOODS INC (TSN) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $635.00 million or 17.15% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, TYSON FOODS INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 29.30%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- TYSON FOODS INC's earnings per share declined by 50.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TYSON FOODS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.40 versus $2.32 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.39 versus $2.40).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TSN Ratings Report