Analysts are expecting the broadcasting and cable services provider to post a year-over-year rise in earnings and revenue for the latest quarter.
Time Warner Cable has been forecast to report earnings of $2.09 per share on revenue of $5.81 billion for the 2014 fourth quarter.
Exclusive Report:Jim Cramer's Best Stocks for 2015
For the 2013 fourth quarter Time Warner Cable said its adjusted earnings were $1.82 per diluted share on revenue of $5.57 billion.
Shares of Time Warner Cable are down by 1.25% to $142.57 in early afternoon trading on Wednesday.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates TIME WARNER CABLE INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate TIME WARNER CABLE INC (TWC) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,448.00 million or 19.76% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TIME WARNER CABLE INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 17.49%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- 35.95% is the gross profit margin for TIME WARNER CABLE INC which we consider to be strong. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 8.73% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TWC Ratings Report