NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of PVH Corp (PVH) - Get Report are up 1.23% to $104.85 in afternoon trading Wednesday, ahead of the fashion company's fourth quarter earnings results, expected to be released after the market closes today.
Wall Street analysts are expecting earnings of $1.73 per share for the fourth quarter, up from the $1.43 per share PVH reported in the year prior.
PVH is expected by analysts to report revenue of $2.1 billion for the period, higher compared to the $2.05 billion from the same quarter of last year.
New York City-based PVH is a global apparel company with its brand portfolio consisting of Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Warner's and Olga.
PVH also holds Speedo, which is licensed for North America and the Caribbean. It designs and markets branded dress shirts, neckwear, sportswear, jeanswear, underwear, intimate apparel, swim products and, to a lesser extent, handbags, footwear and other related products and licenses its owned brands over a range of products.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates PVH CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate PVH CORP (PVH) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry average. The net income increased by 14.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $196.70 million to $225.70 million.
- The gross profit margin for PVH CORP is rather high; currently it is at 55.11%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 10.10% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 1992.15% to $153.70 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PVH CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -39.72%.
- PVH CORP has improved earnings per share by 14.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PVH CORP reported lower earnings of $1.71 versus $5.87 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.27 versus $1.71).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: PVH Ratings Report