NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Gap Inc. (GPS) - Get Gap, Inc. (GPS) Report is scheduled to release its 2015 first quarter earnings results after the market close this afternoon. Analysts are expecting the global apparel retail company to post a slight decline in earnings and revenue for the quarter ended April 2015.
The company has been forecast to report earnings of 56 cents per share on revenue of $3.75 billion for the most recent quarter.
Last year, GAP said it earned 58 cents per share on net sales of $3.77 billion, for the 2014 first quarter.
Shares of Gap are down by 0.18% to $38.60 in mid-morning trading on Thursday.
Gap is a San Francisco, CA.-based clothing and accessories retailer that operates under a variety of brand names including Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Piperlime and Athleta.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates GAP INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate GAP INC (GPS) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, GAP INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,015.00 million or 34.97% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 20.86%.
- 38.45% is the gross profit margin for GAP INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.77% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GPS Ratings Report