Analysts are expecting the wireless communications solutions provider to post a year over year increase in earnings per share and revenue for the most recent quarter.
Based in Oxnard, CA, CalAmp has been forecast by analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters to report earnings of 26 cents per share on revenue of $68.02 million for the latest quarter.
Last year, the company said that its adjusted earnings came in at 21 cents per share on revenue of $59.2 million for the fiscal 2015 second quarter.
CalAmp is a provider of wireless products, services and solutions. The company operates in two business segments, Wireless DataCom and Satellite.
Shares of CalAmp closed up by 0.62% to $16.18 on Tuesday afternoon.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates CALAMP CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
We rate CALAMP CORP (CAMP) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 11.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- CALAMP CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CALAMP CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.45 versus $0.33 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.11 versus $0.45).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Communications Equipment industry. The net income increased by 50.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $2.69 million to $4.06 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 122.69% to $16.33 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CALAMP CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -13.65%.
- 37.17% is the gross profit margin for CALAMP CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, CAMP's net profit margin of 6.20% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CAMP