NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- CalAmp Corp. (CAMP) - Get CalAmp Corp. Report is scheduled to release its fiscal 2016 first quarter earnings results after the market close on Tuesday afternoon. The wireless communications solutions provider is expected to post a year-over-year rise in earnings and revenue for the most recent quarter.
Analysts have forecast that CalAmp will report earnings of 26 cents per share on revenue of $65.39 million for the quarter ended May 2015.
Last year, CalAmp said it earned an adjusted 19 cents per diluted share on revenue of $59 million for the fiscal 2015 first quarter.
The company's year ago EPS and revenue figures had increased when compared to the fiscal 2014 first quarter.
Shares of CalAmp closed lower by 4.16% to $17.52 on Monday afternoon.
TheStreet Ratings team rates CALAMP CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate CALAMP CORP (CAMP) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- CAMP's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, CAMP has a quick ratio of 1.96, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- CALAMP CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CALAMP CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.45 versus $0.33 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.10 versus $0.45).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Communications Equipment industry. The net income increased by 112.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.07 million to $6.52 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 126.44% to $7.72 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CALAMP CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -72.06%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CAMP Ratings Report