NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Adobe Systems (ADBE) - Get Free Report is one of the notable earnings to watch at the end of trading Thursday, as the software maker releases its fourth quarter and fiscal year financial results after the market closes.
Adobe Systems is expected to report fourth quarter earnings of 30 cents per share, slightly below the 32 cents per share it posted a year ago, according to analysts.
Analysts' estimates call for revenue of $1.06 billion for the period, higher than the $1.04 billion the company reported in the same quarter of last year.
Must Read:Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
For the full year 2014, analysts are expecting earnings of $1.24 per share, lower than the $1.26 per share in 2013. Analysts estimate revenue of $4.14 billion for the full year, higher than the $4.06 billion in sales Adobe Systems reported last year.
Wall Street analysts are expecting another strong quarter of subscriber additions with an estimated 512,000 subscribers added, which would slightly exceed 1 million additions in the back end of 2015.
Shares of Adobe Systems are up 1.62% to $70.98 this morning.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates ADOBE SYSTEMS INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate ADOBE SYSTEMS INC (ADBE) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed, some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- ADBE's revenue growth trails the industry average of 26.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- ADBE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.22 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, ADBE has a quick ratio of 1.80, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ADBE's share price has jumped by 30.29%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 46.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $83.00 million to $44.69 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, ADOBE SYSTEMS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ADBE Ratings Report