Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified WEC Energy Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- WEC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $107.5 million.
- WEC has traded 29,427 shares today.
- WEC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WEC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WEC NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on WEC:
WEC Energy Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, generates and distributes electric energy. The company operates through Wisconsin, Illinois, Other States, electric transmission, and We Power, Corporate and Other segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. WEC has a PE ratio of 25. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate WEC Energy Group a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for WEC Energy Group has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. WEC Energy Group has a market cap of $18.8 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.03 and a short float of 5.4% with 5.69 days to cover. Shares are up 16.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates WEC Energy Group as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- WEC's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 4.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 50.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Multi-Utilities industry. The net income increased by 47.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $121.40 million to $179.30 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $220.40 million or 35.13% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 3.41%.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- WEC ENERGY GROUP INC has improved earnings per share by 7.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WEC ENERGY GROUP INC reported lower earnings of $2.36 versus $2.58 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.93 versus $2.36).
- You can view the full WEC Energy Group Ratings Report.