Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a weak on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Aegean Marine Petroleum Network as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ANW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $5.1 million.
- ANW has traded 243,672 shares today.
- ANW is trading at 20.28 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ANW is trading at a new low 12.05% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ANW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ANW NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ANW:
Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a marine fuel logistics company that markets and supplies refined marine fuel and lubricants to ships in port, at sea, and on rivers worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.6%. ANW has a PE ratio of 39.6. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Aegean Marine Petroleum Network a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Aegean Marine Petroleum Network has been 274,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Aegean Marine Petroleum Network has a market cap of $688.0 million and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 3.71 and a short float of 7.7% with 5.27 days to cover. Shares are up 3.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Aegean Marine Petroleum Network as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ANW's share price has jumped by 25.22%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 109.20% to $54.52 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AEGEAN MARINE PETROLM NETWK has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -1.95%.
- AEGEAN MARINE PETROLM NETWK has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AEGEAN MARINE PETROLM NETWK increased its bottom line by earning $0.58 versus $0.43 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.82 versus $0.58).
- You can view the full Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Ratings Report.