Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
Banks Can Withstand Severe Recession, Cleared for Payouts, Fed Says
U.S. banks' capital levels are strong, the banks can withstand a severe recession, and they are free of restrictions on dividends and buybacks, the Fed said.
) as a "water-logged and getting wetter" (weak stocks crossing below support with today's range greater than 200%) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified JB Hunt Transport Services as such a stock due to the following factors:
- JBHT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $51.1 million.
- JBHT has traded 491,110 shares today.
- JBHT traded in a range 219.6% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.68.
- JBHT traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 6 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 6 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JBHT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JBHT NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on JBHT:
J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides surface transportation and delivery services in the continental United States, Canada, and Mexico. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. JBHT has a PE ratio of 26. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate JB Hunt Transport Services a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.
The average volume for JB Hunt Transport Services has been 790,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. JB Hunt Transport Services has a market cap of $10.2 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.61 and a short float of 5.5% with 5.73 days to cover. Shares are up 4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates JB Hunt Transport Services as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- JBHT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- HUNT (JB) TRANSPRT SVCS INC has improved earnings per share by 34.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HUNT (JB) TRANSPRT SVCS INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.17 versus $2.86 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.70 versus $3.17).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Road & Rail industry. The net income increased by 33.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $68.66 million to $91.93 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 60.67% to $255.54 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 23.58%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full JB Hunt Transport Services Ratings Report.