Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "water-logged and getting wetter" (weak stocks crossing below support with today's range greater than 200%) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified BRE Properties as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BRE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $40.7 million.
- BRE has traded 10.8 million shares today.
- BRE traded in a range 217.3% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.30.
- BRE traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 11 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 11 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BRE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BRE NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BRE:
BRE Properties Inc. is an independent real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of the United States. It focuses on the development, acquisition, and management of multifamily apartment communities. BRE Properties Inc. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. BRE has a PE ratio of 26.5. Currently there are no analysts that rate BRE Properties a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold.
The average volume for BRE Properties has been 570,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. BRE has a market cap of $4.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.96 and a short float of 0.9% with 0.78 days to cover. Shares are up 14.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates BRE Properties as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BRE's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 117.39% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 28.04% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- 37.71% is the gross profit margin for BRE PROPERTIES INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 75.89% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $76.33 million or 41.30% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.91%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 7.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $74.72 million to $80.29 million.
- You can view the full BRE Properties Ratings Report.