Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Waste Connections as such a stock due to the following factors:
- WCN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.3 million.
- WCN has traded 893 shares today.
- WCN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WCN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WCN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on WCN:
Waste Connections, Inc., an integrated municipal solid waste company, provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, and recycling services primarily in the United States. The company operates in four segments: Western, Central, Eastern, and Exploration and Production (E&P). The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. WCN has a PE ratio of 29.6. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Waste Connections a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Waste Connections has been 556,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Waste Connections has a market cap of $5.9 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 0.18 and a short float of 0.6% with 2.93 days to cover. Shares are up 8.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Waste Connections as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year, growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- WCN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- WASTE CONNECTIONS INC has improved earnings per share by 14.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WASTE CONNECTIONS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.58 versus $1.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.01 versus $1.58).
- 45.56% is the gross profit margin for WASTE CONNECTIONS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 10.17% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $144.96 million or 9.02% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WASTE CONNECTIONS INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 4.40%.
- You can view the full Waste Connections Ratings Report.