Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Walt Disney as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DIS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $835.4 million.
- DIS traded 17,878 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:00 AM.
- DIS is down 2.3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DIS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DIS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on DIS:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an entertainment company worldwide. The company operates in five segments: Media Networks, Parks and Resorts, Studio Entertainment, Consumer Products, and Interactive. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. DIS has a PE ratio of 24. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Walt Disney a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Walt Disney has been 8.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Walt Disney has a market cap of $201.6 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.48 and a short float of 3.4% with 7.91 days to cover. Shares are up 25.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Walt Disney as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DIS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 32.16% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, DIS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- DISNEY (WALT) CO has improved earnings per share by 10.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DISNEY (WALT) CO increased its bottom line by earning $4.90 versus $4.25 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.66 versus $4.90).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income increased by 7.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,499.00 million to $1,609.00 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, DISNEY (WALT) CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Walt Disney Ratings Report.