Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Voya Financial as such a stock due to the following factors:
- VOYA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $93.6 million.
- VOYA has traded 231,520 shares today.
- VOYA is trading at 3.54 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- VOYA is trading at a new high 3.01% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VOYA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VOYA NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on VOYA:
Voya Financial, Inc. operates as a retirement, investment, and insurance company in the United States. The company has five segments: Retirement, Annuities, Investment Management, Individual Life, and Employee Benefits. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.1%. VOYA has a PE ratio of 3. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Voya Financial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Voya Financial has been 2.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Voya Financial has a market cap of $5.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.72 and a short float of 1.2% with 0.82 days to cover. Shares are down 27.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Voya Financial as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- VOYA's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 15.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Diversified Financial Services industry and the overall market, VOYA FINANCIAL INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- VOYA's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.75 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further.
- The gross profit margin for VOYA FINANCIAL INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 5.20%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.08% significantly trails the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Diversified Financial Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 90.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $405.80 million to $40.30 million.
- You can view the full Voya Financial Ratings Report.