Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Voya Financial as such a stock due to the following factors:
- VOYA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $79.0 million.
- VOYA has traded 2,914 shares today.
- VOYA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VOYA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VOYA NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on VOYA:
Voya Financial, Inc. operates as a retirement, investment, and insurance company in the United States. The company has five segments: Retirement, Annuities, Investment Management, Individual Life, and Employee Benefits. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.1%. VOYA has a PE ratio of 7.5. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Voya Financial a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Voya Financial has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Voya Financial has a market cap of $10.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. Shares are up 20.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Voya Financial as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 35.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Diversified Financial Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, VOYA FINANCIAL INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for VOYA FINANCIAL INC is rather low; currently it is at 20.64%. Regardless of VOYA's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, VOYA's net profit margin of 12.55% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $1,098.80 million or 33.49% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Voya Financial Ratings Report.