Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified VisionChina Media as such a stock due to the following factors:
- VISN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.7 million.
- VISN has traded 64,997 shares today.
- VISN is down 5.8% today.
- VISN was up 26.3% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VISN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VISN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on VISN:
VisionChina Media Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides advertising services in the People's Republic of China. It operates out-of-home advertising network using real-time mobile digital television broadcasts to deliver content and advertising on mass transportation systems. Currently there are no analysts that rate VisionChina Media a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for VisionChina Media has been 860,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. VisionChina Media has a market cap of $98.0 million and is part of the services sector and media industry. Shares are up 2.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates VisionChina Media as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its poor profit margins and generally high debt management risk.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for VISIONCHINA MEDIA INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.78%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, VISN's net profit margin of -12.98% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Despite the current debt-to-equity ratio of 1.68, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Media industry. Despite the fact that VISN's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 0.69 is low and demonstrates weak liquidity.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, VISIONCHINA MEDIA INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- VISIONCHINA MEDIA INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, VISIONCHINA MEDIA INC reported poor results of -$48.65 versus -$2.40 in the prior year.
- VISN, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 2.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 14.0%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full VisionChina Media Ratings Report.