Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
NEW YORK (
) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of A-. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and compelling growth in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 15.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- V has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, V has a quick ratio of 1.65, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for VISA INC is rather high; currently it is at 64.25%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 40.81% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 71.59% to $2,157.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, VISA INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -23.21%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the IT Services industry. The net income increased by 166.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$1,839.00 million to $1,225.00 million.
Visa Inc., a payments technology company, engages in the operation of retail electronic payments network worldwide. It facilitates commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses, and government entities. Visa has a market cap of $90.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. Shares are up 14.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.