Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified VF Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- VFC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $157.3 million.
- VFC has traded 1.4 million shares today.
- VFC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VFC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VFC NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on VFC:
V.F. Corporation designs and manufactures, or sources from independent contractors various apparel and footwear products primarily in the United States and Europe. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. VFC has a PE ratio of 22.7. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate VF Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for VF Corporation has been 576,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. VF has a market cap of $26.3 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.56 and a short float of 2.5% with 3.50 days to cover. Shares are up 58% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates VF Corporation as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 55.11% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, VFC should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- VF CORP has improved earnings per share by 13.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, VF CORP increased its bottom line by earning $9.71 versus $7.96 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($10.95 versus $9.71).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- 49.13% is the gross profit margin for VF CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 13.15% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full VF Corporation Ratings Report.