Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Vasco Data Security International as such a stock due to the following factors:
- VDSI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.9 million.
- VDSI has traded 165,839 shares today.
- VDSI is up 20.1% today.
- VDSI was down 5.1% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VDSI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VDSI NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on VDSI:
VASCO Data Security International, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, and markets security systems to secure and manage access to user digital assets worldwide. VDSI has a PE ratio of 44.7. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Vasco Data Security International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Vasco Data Security International has been 605,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Vasco Data Security International has a market cap of $763.2 million and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 2.55 and a short float of 4.3% with 2.14 days to cover. Shares are up 149.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Vasco Data Security International as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- VDSI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 25.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 27.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- VDSI has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.35, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 240.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 152.49% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, VDSI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income increased by 280.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.81 million to $6.89 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 1666.51% to $15.72 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, VASCO DATA SEC INTL INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.20%.
- You can view the full Vasco Data Security International Ratings Report.