Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Vail Resorts as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MTN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $23.0 million.
- MTN has traded 240.491999999999990222931955941021442413330078125 options contracts today.
- MTN is making at least a new 3-day high.
- MTN has a PE ratio of 4.
- MTN is mentioned 0.68 times per day on StockTwits.
- MTN has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- MTN is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- MTN is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- MTN is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- MTN is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MTN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MTN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on MTN:
Vail Resorts, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates mountain resorts and urban ski areas in the United States. The company operates through three segments: Mountain, Lodging, and Real Estate. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.5%. MTN has a PE ratio of 4. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Vail Resorts a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Vail Resorts has been 275,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Vail has a market cap of $4.7 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 0.56 and a short float of 4.2% with 7.32 days to cover. Shares are up 1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Vail Resorts as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, growth in earnings per share, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MTN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 11.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- 40.24% is the gross profit margin for VAIL RESORTS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 19.51% is above that of the industry average.
- VAIL RESORTS INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, VAIL RESORTS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.97 versus $0.66 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.06 versus $2.97).
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.83, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.28 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, VAIL RESORTS INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Vail Resorts Ratings Report.