CEO Bryan Shinn purchased 4,000 shares of the mining company at $25.43 a share on Dec. 30, bringing the executive's total number of shares to 23,057. U.S. Silica director Peter Bernard purchased 5,000 shares of the company on Tuesday at $25.41 a share, bringing his total number of shares owned to 12,807.
Last week COO Peter Winkler disclosed a purchase of 1,100 shares at $26.65 a share on Dec. 24, bringing his total number of shares owned to 13,090.
Exclusive Report:Jim Cramer's Best Stocks for 2015
Directors Michael Stice, Charles Shaver, and William Shaver also recently disclosed share purchases.
TheStreet Ratings team rates U S SILICA HOLDINGS INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate U S SILICA HOLDINGS INC (SLCA) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- SLCA's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 16.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 67.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- 38.24% is the gross profit margin for U S SILICA HOLDINGS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 17.10% is above that of the industry average.
- SLCA's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.94 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 2.57 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, U S SILICA HOLDINGS INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- SLCA has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 21.48% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SLCA Ratings Report